Easily donate online! Any amount is greatly appreciated.
Donations of $500 and up will be acknowledged on a special wall and in the yearly program for five years
A printable form for multi-year pledges or those who wish to mail in their donation
Donations of $1500 and up may be fulfilled with recurring payments
The Next Act Capital Campaign – Setting the stage for the next 100 years
Our programming has been restricted by the physical limitations of a theatre that was originally designed for vaudeville productions and ﬁlm.
- Production and technological demands in 2021 are dramatically different than they were 98 years ago.
- Accessibility and comfort of our patrons and performers is of increasing concern as The Colonial competes with other performing arts and entertainment centers to attract the best artists and to expand our audience base.
Working with local architects Dan Scully and Weller & Michal we will transform The Colonial Theatre into a world-class Performing Arts Center offering expanded opportunities and greater accessibility to performers, audiences and students.
When our vision is realized in early 2022 renovations and enhancements will allow us to serve an additional 10,000 clients, making the total traffic to the historical theatre in excess of 60,000 patrons annually — and greatly enhancing the cultural appeal of the Monadnock Region.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Our Vision includes:
- Spacious lobby, ticketing and concession areas that will offer a comfortable, welcoming experience for all patrons, with ADA accessibility throughout.
- Larger, ADA compliant restrooms in the main lobby and new restrooms on the second level.
- Crucial enhancements to our stage and backstage area, including the incorporation of new rigging and staging technologies, creation of an artist lounge area and new, contemporary dressing rooms .
- Increased energy efficiency with all new primary heating and air conditioning systems, replacement of all exterior windows and doors, and LED source lighting upgrades.
- SHOWROOM — an intimate, flexible space, tailored for emerging artists, local performers, educational programming, and most importantly, artists who appeal to a younger demographic.