DUTY CALLS, Honoring Heroes Among Us
Thursday, February 21 @ 7:00 PM$15 – $25
Fundraising Event presented by The Keene Sentinel
The Keene Sentinel, in partnership with an area veterans’ service group, is staging a 1940s USO-style show on Feb 21 to honor local heroes, first responders and military personnel, active and retired.
This event is our community’s opportunity to celebrate and honor the sacrifices these men, women and their families make every day and to help spread their message of commitment to country, community, lessons in honor, integrity and sacrifice.
The curtain goes up a 7pm and will feature
- Emcee, Bill Johnson, a renowned Bob Hope impersonator based in Las Vegas,
- Juston McKinney, a well-known New Hampshire comedian (and former deputy sheriff) doing stand up
- Keene Jazz Orchestra, under the direction of Steve Cady playing “Big Band” and swing music throughout the show
- Josh Greenwald of Greenwald Realty will sing Frank Sinatra songs.
- Tracy Borden, Pam Croteau, Els Dignitti and Meg Kupiec will perform Andrew Sisters titles.
- Swing dancers will take the stage to complete the overall theme of the 1940s
Audience members are encouraged to dress in ‘40s attire.
Active Duty, veterans and first responders are urged to come in uniform
Dancing in the orchestra pit in front of the stage will be allowed, so put on those dancin’ shoes!
Tickets: $25 General Admission
$15 Special ticket fee for Active Duty service personnel, veterans, local first responders
including fire, police, EMTs, doctors, nurses, search and rescue personnel and conservation staff.