Get down and groove onstage to music that has carried us through the decades at this fundraiser to benefit the Education and Outreach programs of The Colonial Theatre!
Enjoy decades of the best dance music by Shutter & Boogie, hearty appetizers from Kristin’s Bistro & Bakery, an open bar, and the opportunity to bid on incredible one-of-a-kind live and silent auction items such as:
- Beautiful and local: A day’s use of a beautiful private house on Silver Lake with a kid-friendly beach and location, for up to 10 adults plus children, complete with a catered barbecue feast
- A Vermont getaway: An overnight stay with breakfast for two at the Grafton Inn, along with two all-day cross-country ski passes at the Grafton Ponds Outdoor Center
- Weekend in the city: Two nights in a lovely one-bedroom Cambridge apartment on the Charles River, just a two-minute walk from Harvard Square
Beautiful hand-painted or hand-crafted pieces by local artisans, including:
- Tim Campbell, who is offering a lovely print of his painting of Spofford Lake
- Bob England, who is offering a handsome hand-turned wooden lamp
- Nuno felt artist Melinda LaBarge, who is offering a luxurious handmade wool and silk shawl
- Two cords of wood, delivery included
- Four hours of DJ service by Shutter & Boogie for your next party or reception
- Six months of on-screen advertising before Colonial films for your business or pleasure
Additional items include:
Private Gourmet Wine Dinner for Six
On a date to be determined at the home of Marina and Joe Coneeny in Walpole within the next year. These former innkeepers at the Relais and Chateau Windham Hill Inn in West Townshend, VT, will prepare a regional dinner paired with wines from their extensive collection. The bigger the winning bid, the finer the wines!
Fluorite and Topaz Necklace
Bob and Lynne Borofsky, owners of the William Wise Fluorite Mine in Westmoreland, have donated a beautiful 6.5-karat green fluorite and topaz necklace. Minerals from their mine have been displayed at museums, such as the Smithsonian in Washington, DC; the Museum of Natural History in New York City; and at Harvard’s Peabody Museum.
An Evening of Enchanted Music
Local musician Melanie Everard and a fellow musician will offer an hour of beautiful hammered dulcimer featuring mostly Irish music and some from the British Isles. They can play a set of softer, quieter airs or faster gigs and reels – it’s up to you (or they can do a combination of the two)! A great addition to a cocktail hour, a wedding or a party that needs that little extra something special.
Many additional items will also be up for auction, including an array of baskets filled with wines, luxury items and items for kids.
The majority of auction items will be showcased 10 days prior to the event in the Colonial Corner front window, above Turn It Up!