Current Job Openings
BOX OFFICE and CONCESSIONS ATTENDANT
REPORTS TO: Audience Services Manager
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Audience Services Manager, Staff provide members of the public using courteous and diplomatic interpersonal skills. Staff provide quality customer service while presenting a neat, friendly, and professional manner and appearance. Day-to-day functions include activities related to Box Office ticket sales (live or film), record keeping, concessions sales, and other front of house operations.
- Provide customer service to and answer inquiries of theatre patrons.
- Sell tickets for film/upcoming live events and process theatre memberships in person, over the phone, and occasionally by mail.
- Summarize the day’s sales through established cash-out procedures (troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies; process daily cash and credit card reports); verify movie ticket sales and report grosses; fill out box office reports; ensure audience comfort and safety.
- Open and close the Box Office and the building for all scheduled shifts.
- Hold responsibility for patrons and the house. Provide information for front-of-house operations in the absence of the Audience Services Manager.
- Inform appropriate management during emergency situations, and provide timely and accurate communication to Audience Services Manager.
- Participate in all activities directly related to concession sales, including selling to the public, stocking/restocking, and keeping inventory records; report any problems or low supplies to Audience Services Manager.
- Prepare the concessions stand for business: make popcorn, verify cash drawer, stock as necessary.
- Prepare concessions stand for closing: count cash drawer down and bring deposit to Box Office (also report concessions totals for live event shifts), clean, and restock candy and beverages.
- Maintain the concessions stand according to specific sanitation standards and house policies; keep concessions stand organized and tidy.
- Perform additionally required cleaning tasks as directed by the sanitation and health code schedules. (Deep cleaning the popcorn machine with cleanser, rotating out expired stock, etc.)
- Complete scheduled marquee changes as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Audience Services Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent. Computer, cash-handling, and customer service experience is essential. A sense of humor, attention to detail, and quick thinking are a must.
DRESS CODE: Non-live event shifts: present a neat and clean appearance; no hats. Live event shifts: Black top, black bottoms, nametag prominently displayed.
TO APPLY: Send application and cover letter to email@example.com or apply through Indeed.com
Updated: August 2021