Current Job Openings
Audience Services Manager
This position reports to the Assistant Executive Director and works closely with Development, Marketing, Production and House Management.
The successful candidate will oversee front of house—including box office, in-house ticketing system, house management, concessions and projection (non-technical aspects)—in a fast paced, regional performing arts center that presents professional touring artists, a film series, and serves various theatre rental clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Box Office Management: Provides oversight for all aspects of ticketing for live events, including ticket sales, management of information systems related to ticketing; preparation of reports; management of show-related data
- Front of House Operations: Hires, trains and manages of front of house staff (box office, concessions, bar, projection); oversees house management and security staff; fosters and maintains relationships with theatre members, renters, donors, and the general public
- Concessions and Bar: Oversees all aspects of concessions and bar sales, including product and supply selection, ordering, inventory, coordination of equipment maintenance and compliance with State of New Hampshire’s liquor laws
- Film Program: Manages scheduling and supervision of projection staff, reports film grosses and coordinates acquisition and display of marketing assets
- Information Technology: Provides oversight for all aspects of ticketing & patron database (Theatre Manager), including carrying out scheduled upgrades; training new employees, serving as on sight IT contact, maintaining functionality of the web based tickets sales module, and troubleshooting related problems
2-3 years of customer service or front of house experience; superior organizational and people skills; supervisory experience; able and willing to work non-traditional hours including some nights and weekends in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; excellent sense of humor.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field; previous experience with box office operations in commercial or non-profit theatre; understanding of and appreciation for film and the performing arts
This full-time position offers compensation commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package. To apply, e-mail cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with subject line: Audience Services Manager Search, or mail to Audience Services Manager Search, The Colonial Theatre, PO Box 77, 95 Main Street, Keene, NH 03431.
REPORTS TO: Box Office & Audience Services Manager
GENERAL FUNCTION: Sale of refreshments to theatre patrons and related duties. Presents a neat, friendly, professional manner and appearance while providing quality customer service to the general public.
- Participates in all activities directly related to concession sales, including selling to public, stocking/restocking, and inventory record keeping; report any problems or supplies that are low to Director of Audience Services.
- Prepares the concessions stand for business: make popcorn, verify cash drawer, stock as necessary.
- Prepares concessions stand for closing: count cash drawer down and bring deposit to box office (also report concessions totals to House Manager for live event shifts), clean, and restock candy and beverages.
- Maintains the concessions stand according to specific sanitation standards as well as house policy; actively participates in keeping concessions stand organized and tidy.
- Performs various additional cleaning tasks that are required to be done after specific amounts of time to maintain sanitation and health code. (Deep cleaning the popcorn machine with cleanser, rotating out expired stock, etc.)
- Completes scheduled marquee changes as required.
- Other front of house duties as agreed upon and assigned by the Director of Audience Services.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 18 years of age. Previous work experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent experience. Customer service and cash handling experience preferred. Must be able to work well with others in a fast paced environment (especially during live events), as well as independently during slower periods.
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Box Office anytime between 12:00 – 9:00 PM daily.
Updated: August 2019