- This event has passed.
Resilience – Free Film Event
Thursday, February 15 @ 6:30 PMFree
Documentary. Produced by KAREN PRITZKER & JAMES REDFORD .
Film one hour, to be followed by a panel discussion.
FREE movie screening and discussion about ACES presented by Monadnock Thrives, a new local chapter of ACES CONNECTION.
RESILIENCE: THE BIOLOGY OF STRESS & THE SCIENCE OF HOPE chronicles the birth of a new movement among pediatricians,
therapists, educators and communities, who are using cutting-edge brain science to disrupt cycles of violence, addiction
“The child may not remember, but the body remembers.”
The original research was controversial, but the findings revealed the most important public health findings of a generation. RESILIENCE is a one-hour documentary that delves into the science of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the birth of a new movement to treat and prevent Toxic Stress. Now understood to be one of the leading causes of everything from heart disease and cancer to substance abuse and depression, extremely stressful experiences in childhood can alter brain development and have lifelong effects on health and behavior.
However, as experts and practitioners profiled in RESILIENCE are proving, what’s predictable is preventable. These physicians, educators, social workers and communities are daring to talk about the effects of divorce, abuse and neglect. And they’re using cutting edge science to help the next generation
break the cycles of adversity and disease.
Discussion moderated by Emily Read Daniels to follow the film, with panelists:
- Jocelyn Goldblatt – parent
- Kristen Bernier – parent
- Tina Kriebel – parent
- Celia Slason – school counselor
- Natalie Neilson – continuum of care coordinator
- Shawn King – student assistance counselor
- Dennis Calcutt – monadnock system of care
- Annelies Spykman – MFS therapist
- Allison Diamond – ConVal Grad ’15
- Marina Marcellino – ConVal Grad ’17
- Becky Parton – social worker
Thank you to the organizations and businesses who made this evening possible and to those who contributed to the gofundme campaign. This evening is OUR SHARED accomplishment!
- Be The Change Task Force – MCH HERE this NOW
- Monadnock United Way – Impact Monadnock
- Monadnock Voices for Prevention
- SDE (Staff Development for Educators)
- The Colonial Theater
- Monadnock Thrives